The Clust-ER are financed are financed by the European Funds of the Emilia-Romagna Region – Pr Fesr 2021-2027.
The Emilia-Romagna industrial system is strongly focused on the productive dimension and is extremely dynamic from the point of view of the research for innovative and competitive solutions.
Advanced and competitive services, both internally developed by manufacturing companies, and provided and organized by specialized companies, are essential to guarantee the protection of markets and their loyalty.
In this context, the role of digital technologies, as a vehicle for transforming services in a global context and to emphasize their transformative power of the economy and society, is particularly important.
Clust-ER concentrates its action on 6 strategic lines of research and innovation through working groups representative of the system of innovative services of Emilia-Romagna:
- SCABIS – SCAlable Big data Infrastructure for Innovative Service
- ER-IoT – Service platform for IOT
- CySEC – Cybersecurity
- Intell_ITS – Intelligent IT Services
- Log-ER – Logistica delle merci
- DigEth – Digital Ethics
Cross-cutting priority of the regional Intelligent Specialization Strategy, Innovation in Services has the objective of strengthening the role of services in order to maximize their potential for driving and changing the production system and the entire socio-economic system. Starting from this, some main strategic objectives are outlined with the greatest potential for innovation, improving competitiveness and employment levels:
- Address the security challenges of cyberspace in the near future, acting to identify security problems in the context of Industry 4.0 and, in general, of Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), so as to improve security, safety and reliability through the definition and l adoption of best practices and innovative technological solutions.
- Promote the adoption of innovative and shared platforms for the development of new smart application services, which disengages the development of the vertical application from the detailed knowledge of the technological platform used, in order to reduce the “time to market” of innovative solutions, increasing the dynamism of this market and maximizing synergies between system integrators and manufacturers of vertical hardware solutions
- Support the development of applications for Smart Cities by providing a reference framework, at regional level, of available technologies and standards, above all by looking at essential requirements such as Interoperability and Replicability, so that the Development of Smart Cities in Emilia Romagna can take place in harmonious way and with a view to integration and reusability
- Support the development, investigation, validation and promotion of new sensing technologies applicable to the industrial sectors of reference for the Emilia Romagna Region (mechatronics, engines, agri-food)
- Promote industrial research and design of innovative IT services, strongly based on the different aspects of cognitive computing, AI and human-machine-environment interaction to support innovation in industry, business and people.
- Support the recognition of the regional logistics cluster, the activation of repositioning, integration and innovation initiatives of the regional value chain in the supranational context and in the emerging service segments with high added value.
- Promote the design, production and support of services that are intrinsically scalable, efficient, and optimized for the specific requirements of the various application areas, with particular emphasis on the interoperable infrastructures present in the data centers or in the support structures for the treatment of Big Data in a way innovative and open.
The statute of Clust-ER Innovation in Services is downloadable from this link.
Clust-ERs are associations of public and private bodies: companies, research centres and training institutions that share skills, ideas and resources to support the competitiveness the regional industrial strategic sectors.
The Emilia-Romagna Region has found in the Clust-ERs the subjects capable of multiplying innovation opportunities through a collaborative approach, as they focus their activity in R&D strategic sectors.
Together with the Technopoles and the High Technology Network laboratories, they are one of the key players in the regional innovation ecosystem coordinated by ART-ER, the Emilia-Romagna consortium for innovation and technology transfer.